Cryptowat is a third party tool that converts data from https://cryptowat.ch/ into prometheus metrics. This will enable the currency converter feature into the dashboard.
To get the currency converter feature you will need to download and run a third party tool on this repository
- You can simply run the command below to download the specific state of this repository
curl -OL https://github.com/nbarrientos/cryptowat_exporter/archive/e4bcf6e16dd2e04c4edc699e795d9450dee486ab.zip
NOTICE: This repository being a third party, we can't be sure that it will stay safe forever. To prevent stakers to download the new versions that could maybe contain malicious purpose. Be sure to download the version recommended above.
- Unzip the file.
- In order to run cryptowat, you will need to get Golang if this is not already done yet.
Linux & Mac
Download and install golang
sudo apt-get install golang
Download the latest version of Golang for Windows and run the file.
- Ensure that go is correctly installed
You should get an output like
go version go1.14.1 windows/amd64
Open a terminal, and navigate inside of the cryptowat directory downloaded previously.
Create the binary
You should now have in the cryptowat directory a file named
- Run the cryptowat_exporter binary
./cryptowat_exporter --cryptowat.pairs=etheur,ethusd,ethgbp,ethcad,ethchf,ethjpy,ethbtc --cryptowat.exchanges=kraken
NOTICE: Command for Windows users:
cryptowat_exporter.exe --cryptowat.pairs=etheur,ethusd,ethgbp,ethcad,ethchf,ethjpy,ethbtc --cryptowat.exchanges=kraken
- Ensure that the program is running properly, visit the webpage http://localhost:9745/metrics. If this is working properly, you should have access to the metrics from here.
Update Prometheus configuration
- In order for Prometheus to receive the metrics from cryptowat, you will need to replace the prometheus.yml file content with this:
Restart prometheus to reload the new version of the yml file.
Ensure that you have access to the cryptowat metrics through prometheus in http://localhost:9090/graph. You need to be able to find the metric named crypto_currency