This page serves material necessary to catch up with the current state of ETH2 development and provides readers with the knowledge required to begin making meaningful contributions to the Prysm client. Whether you are an expert on all things Ethereum or are new to the blockchain world entirely, there are appropriate resources here that will help you get up to speed.
- What is Ethereum?
- How Does Ethereum Work Anyway?
- Ethereum Introduction
- Ethereum Foundation
- Ethereum Wiki
- Ethereum Research
- Ethereum White Paper
- What is Hashing?
- Hashing Algorithms and Security
- Understanding Merkle Trees
- Ethereum Block Architecture
- What is an Ethereum Token?
- What is Ethereum Gas?
- Client Implementations
Disclaimer: Because some parts of ETH2 are still an active area of research and/or development, some resources may be outdated.
Introduction and specifications
- The Explainer You Need to Read First
- Official Specifications
- Annotated Spec
- Another Annotated Spec
- Rollup-Centric Roadmap
- Blockchain Scalability: Why?
- What Are Ethereum Nodes and Sharding
- How to Scale Ethereum: Sharding Explained
- Sharding FAQ
- Sharding Introduction: R&D Compendium
Pyrmont Testnet Blockchain
Prater Testnet Blockchain
- Beacon Chain Explorer
- Another Beacon Chain Explorer
- Validator Queue Statistics
- Slashing Detector
- Prysm developed in Golang and maintained by Prysmatic Labs
- Lighthouse developed in Rust and maintained by Sigma Prime
- Lodestar developed in TypeScript and maintained by ChainSafe Systems
- Nimbus developed in Nim and maintained by status
- Teku developed in Java and maintained by ConsenSys
- Sharding Concepts Mental Map
- Taiwan Sharding Workshop Notes
- Sharding Research Compendium
- Torus Shaped Sharding Network
- General Theory of Sharding
- Sharding Design Compendium
Serenity research posts
- Sharding v2.1 Spec
- Casper/Sharding/Beacon Chain FAQs
- RETIRED! Sharding Phase 1 Spec
- Exploring the Proposer/Collator Spec and Why it Was Retired
- The Stateless Client Concept
- Shard Chain Blocks vs. Collators
- Ethereum Concurrency Actors and Per Contract Sharding
- Future Compatibility for Sharding
- Fork Choice Rule for Collation Proposal Mechanisms
- State Execution
- Fast Shard Chains With Notarization
- RANDAO Notary Committees
- Safe Notary Pool Size
- Cross Links Between Main and Shard Chains
Serenity-related conference talks
- Sharding Presentation by Vitalik from IC3-ETH Bootcamp
- Latest Research and Sharding by Justin Drake from Tech Crunch
- Beacon Casper Chain by Vitalik and Justin Drake
- Proofs of Custody by Vitalik and Justin Drake
- So You Want To Be a Casper Validator by Vitalik
- Ethereum Sharding from EDCon by Justin Drake
- Casper CBC and Sharding by Vlad Zamfir
- Casper FFG in Depth by Carl
- Ethereum & Scalability Technology from Asia Pacific ETH meet up by Hsiao Wei
Ethereum Virtual Machine
- What is the Ethereum Virtual Machine?
- Ethereum VM
- Ethereum Protocol Subtleties
- Awesome Ethereum Virtual Machine