Prysm v2.1.4-rc.0 can be used to run a node on Goerli-Prater using Merge-ready configuration. If you'd like to Merge-test the Goerli-Prater network pair, use either of the following guides to configure your node (and optionally, your validator):
- Quickstart: For users who are starting from scratch.
- Prepare for The Merge: For users who are already running a node.
Keep the following checklist in mind:
- Ensure that you're using a network-compatible version of your execution client: You may need to use a prerelease version of execution client software if you want to Merge-test on the Goerli-Prater network pair. Execution client guidance is available here, though we recommend referring to your execution client software documentation for the latest guidance.
- Tell Prysm to use the release candidate: Before invoking
set USE_PRYSM_VERSION=v2.1.4-rc.0to ensure that Prysm uses the release candidate.
- Verify your version: Verify that Prysm is using the
v2.1.4-rc.0release candidate by issuing the following command:
prysm.sh beacon-chain --version(Linux)
prysm.bat beacon-chain --version(Windows).
- Configure JWT: Ensure that both your execution node and beacon node are configured to use JWT authentication. These instructions are included in both of the above-linked documents, and are also available here: Configure JWT.
- (Power users) Review the Ethereum Launchpad's Merge config checklist.